Proposed Bridge Unloading, Assembly and Installation
If you have any questions or if more information is needed, please call Echo Bridge at: 1-888-E BRIDGE (327-4343).
Both bridge sections and all parts will be delivered on two (2) trucks. All pieces will be numbered (like numbers together) to facilitate assembly.
1. Remove all pallets, boxes, cartons and/or subassemblies from within or on bridge sections.
2. Unload first bridge half by crane and locate for assembly (need 140+ foot space).
3. Block first half so bridge deck (side to side) is level (center approx. 18" higher than base plate at end).
4. Unload second bridge half and set on blocks and level (side to side) to match first half.
1. Install splice plates and bolts with washers and nuts on all chords (4). When all bolts are in place and snug, they MUST be tensioned.
A. Bolt tension from "turn of the nut" method.
Step 1. Tighten nut to snug fit.
Step 2. Turn nut additional 1/3 turn (for bolts up to 4 dia. long).
2. Install bolts on verticals
3. Install floorboards using stainless steel screws supplied (no screws within 1-1/4" of any edge or end of a board) use same pattern as factory installed on rest of bridge deck.
1. Install bases (4) on abutments. This can be done before or during bridge assembly.
2. Using the crane, pick up the entire bridge and set on bases with mounting/expansion plates and bolt (1-1/2" dia. x 5" - 8 ea., supplied) together.
*Note: There is a "fixed" end and a expansion end (slotted holes). The fixed end must be bolted and tensioned (see assembly step 1). The expansion end must be snug with lock nuts (double nuts) to prevent loosening.